Sunday, June 5, 2011

One!

I can't believe my baby is one! Happy Birthday Whitney Parker!
Here are his one year statistics:
Weight: 21 lbs. 5 oz. (31st percentile)
Height: 31 in. (88th percentile)
Head Circumference: 19.3 in (98th percentile)
 Here is the setup for his party in my parent's backyard. It was the best weather of the year! It turned out to be like 85 degrees. All for Whitney's birthday.

Here is the sign that I made. This is about as crafty as I get.

I made him his own special cake. We bought one for everyone else.

Reading his card...this one made music.

Opening his presents. He was really interested in every present, well maybe not the clothes. He would turn around and follow them every time I put one away.

I had a couple games planned. We played a game where we put pictures of Whitney since birth in chronological order. I also had everyone guess his weight and height. Then everyone answered a little quiz about Whitney's first year.

Here are some fun facts about Whitney from the quiz:
He loves bananas, goldfish and yogurt.
He first rolled over in October, got his first tooth in December and started crawling in April.
He has one mole on his right leg.
He cannot sleep without his blanket to chew/suck on.
He is terrified of the vacuum.
He has had 8 haircuts.
He can kiss, wave and dance.
He's only really been sick once but it was with pnemonia!
Matt thinks other people think Whitney is cute based 50% on hair, 40% on cheeks and 10% on his dimple.

Our family. I decided first birthdays should also be a celebration for parents. We made it through the first year with an awesome kid.

Ready for his birthday cake!

Digging in! He wasn't too sure about the cake at first. He had some icing and liked it but I had to help him get to the cake part. Then he kept trying to push it off his tray. He definitely didn't love it. 

 This birthday boy with daddy!


Here's all his presents which include some super cute clothes, balls, toy box and a basketball hoop.

Overall it was an amazing day! It was worth all the effort. Thank you to everyone!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun party! He's lucky to have such an awesome mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day!!! So many fun presents....1year old already.....time is flying by! Catching up on your blog....congrats on the weight loss you look great! Can't wait to see you in RS, I meant to visit you today but got sidetracked. Whitney Parker was so cute making bubbles during Sunday school:)

    ReplyDelete