Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Happy Half Birthday!

Whitney is 6 months!


Here he is, just a few days old. I'm so excited for Whitney Parker to grow and learn but I still miss when he was little! Remember Baby Bug Club? So cute! Anyways then I get an amazing 8 hours of sleep and am grateful for my 6 month old.
We had our doctor's appointment. Everything went well with all the developmental milestones like sitting up and eating. Here are his stats:
Weight 17.5 lbs. (50th percentile)
Height 28 in (90th percentile)
Head Circumference 18.5 (Off the charts)
The doctor asked if larger heads were a "trend" in our family. I always thought I had a big head, so I guess they are. 

Well everyday is a new adventure with Whitney. Today he was sitting on the floor playing when all of a sudden he threw up. So sad! I got a towel to clean it up but he started making a funny face. Seconds later came a loud rumbling in his diaper. Oh great, throw up and poop. While I went to get reinforcements(baby wipes) the poor guy threw up again. I took off his clothes and started changing his diaper when I realized it had shot up the back and was all over the carpet! I cleaned him off and took him to take a bath when I realized there was still poop on his butt and my hand. So I had him stand up while I tried to get the bath going. All of a sudden there was a warm feeling on my shirt. Now he was peeing EVERYWHERE. On my clothes, on his towel, on the bath mat. I couldn't help but laugh while he peed and smiled. Just for good measure he peed again in his bath. Whitney was oblivious to the chaos his bodily functions had caused but one bath and cleaning session later it was over. Just another day being a mom! I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment