Pierson Reid Klein
Born December 30, 2012
7lb. 6oz.
19.5 in long
Our little guy decided to come early. Matt was thrilled for the tax break but I was really hoping for a January baby. I guess this was how it was meant to be.
I started having contractions when I woke up in the morning but I was in complete denial I was in labor. I thought they were braxton hicks or false labor. I was smart enough to not go to church and when I timed the contractions they were all over the place. False alarm I thought.
At about 1pm I was feeling them stronger so I called a nurse help line because I really wanted someone to tell me that it wasn't labor and not to worry. Well she told me to go to the hospital. I STILL didn't believe her and called Matt (who was out with a friend from out of town) and he agreed with me. Around 3pm I was still feeling contractions so I timed them again and they were coming pretty regular so I finally decided to go to the hospital.
Matt had to drop off his friend in Portland, OR, my parents were at church, my sister was at work and Whitney Parker was taking a nap. Matt got home but we still had to wait for my parents to watch Whitney. Anyway we didn't get to the hospital until around 5. It took a while but once they checked me I had dialated to a 4! I was so upset with myself. I couldn't believe I had felt contractions all day. I had a C-section planned for Jan. 3 and didn't think I would have to feel any contractions.
Things moved pretty quick after that. Soon I was delivering Pierson via C-section. The first thing they said was "He has hair!" We were pretty excited about that. When we first saw him, we thought he looked exactly like Whitney Parker. After a day or two we realized he did have his own look.
Matt had to go back to Spokane on the 8th while the boys and I stayed in Vancouver. It was hard being away from Matt but I was grateful for the help I had from family.
Now here we are a family of four! I'm so grateful for our second healthy boy. Now if only we could get some sleep....



Brenna I was just thinking about you yesterday!! I was going to text you and see if baby boy was here because I hadn't heard anything! SO exciting! He is beautiful!! It's so good to see your face again. We miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Brenna!!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad things went well. Pierson is so cute. How fun that Whitney loves him so much. I hope Ian loves his baby sister too. You never know how they are going to react. Miss you!
ReplyDelete