Sunday, July 8, 2012

Fourth of July!

We started the day off with a ward breakfast. They had a little parade for the kids so I decorated Whitney's car to drive around.

Here he is going to wrong direction.

Matt and I went to Portland to pick up a new toy for Whitney from my parents. A fourth of July present I guess. He loves this thing. He favorite thing to do right now is to put his wheelbarrow up the slide and go down on his belly.

This is what he did when I told him to smile. We might have to work on that.

We spent the night at Matt's parents having dinner and putting on a fireworks show for Whitney. Here he is smashing some Pop-its. At first he couldn't throw them hard enough to pop so he would step on them. I think he ended up figuring it out though.

Whitney has been aware of fireworks since the WSU baseball game a while back. I thought that meant he was ready to go for the fourth. He was a little nervous once they started though and wanted to sit with me while they went off. He kept saying "more, more" though. So I think he liked them, he just wanted to be in a safe place while they went off.
Smart kid, I think.


P.S. I started taking more pictures with my phone so some pictures are obviously not as high quality as others. This summer, convienence trumps quality.

1 comment:

  1. Whitney looks super cute in his little car. Love your family pic!

    ReplyDelete